African Development Bank Grant Application Form 2022/2023 [APPLY HERE] – The Board of Directors of the African Development Bank Group has approved grants worth €40.94 million for the construction of a bridge to connect Cameroon and Chad across the Logone River.
The funds will co-finance the costs of construction of the bridge between Yagoua in Cameroon and Bongor in Chad, access roads and feasibility studies, management said in a report to the Board. The bridge, once completed, is expected to bolster bilateral and sub-regional integration and cross-border trade, safeguard life and property during the river crossing and boost socio-cultural ties between the two countries.
“Specifically, the project aims to promote interstate trade, particularly between Cameroon and Chad, reduce travel time and transportation costs, and improve accessibility of basic services by nearby communities,” the report noted.
In addition to the Logone river bridge, other projects under the Pillar Assessed Grant or Delegation Agreement (PAGODA) include the rehabilitation of the Lome-Cotonou road, road development and transport facilitation on the Bamako-San Pedro corridor between Mali and Côte d’Ivoire and the rehabilitation of the CU2a community road section in Burkina Faso near the border with Niger.
Careers at the AfDB
The African Development Bank (AfDB) is moving to an online application process. The online application process will enable you to:
- Search current vacancies
- Create or update your candidate profile
- Apply for a vacancy
- Monitor Ongoing Status Updates on Applications
- Attach a resume or other file(s) to an application
- Send a job listing to a colleague
- Contact us
It will take a maximum of 20 minutes to go through the application process online. All information required for your online application form is listed and explained below. To expedite the process, kindly read through the requirements below before proceeding. Mandatory fields in the application form are marked with (*):
To apply for a position in the AfDB
- You must be a national of a member country: member countries
- Submit application for a vacancy as soon as the position is advertised, but no later than 11.59 pm (23.59 hrs) on the vacancy closing date. Vacancy closing dates are based on GMT.
Please have the following information handy before you begin to fill out the online form as you are not able to save your application as a draft and return to it at a later stage
- Dependants(Spouse And Natural Or Legally Adopted Children)
- Spouse – Name And Date Of Birth
- Children’s Names, Relationship And Date Of Birth
- Educational Background:
- Name, Type And Address Of Up To Two Schools / Universities Attended
- Degrees Obtained
- Dates Of Attendance (From – To, Month/Year)
- Major Area Of Concentration (For Each Degree)
- Employment History:Current And Prior Employment –
- Name(S) Of Current And/Or Prior Employer(S)
- Employment Dates (From – To, Month/Year) And Earnings.
- Names, Occupation, Relationship, Addresses And Email Addresses
CV & Cover Letter
If you choose to upload your CV as a file, please note the following instructions:
Do not protect it with any kind of password.
You can only attach one single file; the maximum file size is 4mb.
Your CV can be uploaded only in any of the following formats: DOC, DOCX, RTF, PDF, TXT, and HTML.
You can use the text area for a cover letter and any supplementary information you would like to provide about your career goals, availability, best times to contact you, etc, not exceeding 4,000 characters
Upon completion of the form, press the submit button. The system will automatically check for any missing mandatory data and take you to the respective field for you to provide the information. After you have provided the missing information, you can go back directly to the “Submit Application” screen by using the circled numbers on top of the screen.
Due to the large volume of applications received for vacancies each year, the African Development Bank only accepts applications for advertised positions. Spontaneous applications will not be considered.
If you have previously applied for a position at the African Development Bank, data from your previous application will appear in the application form. You will have the opportunity to review and update this information as necessary.
Your email address will be used as your login name allowing you to return to our website to update your profile
In the event that you encounter difficulties in submitting your online application, it may be related to poor internet connection, file size of attachments, firewalls etc. In most cases, applying again later will resolve the problem.
If the problem however persists, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org(link sends e-mail) and we will support you in submitting your application. Please specify the vacancy reference for which you are applying to and provide a detailed description (or a “screen shot”) of any error message you experienced. Do not send your application or CV to this email address as it will not be considered.
How do I apply for development bank?
- Visit your bank: Commercial Bank, Microfinance Bank, Development Finance Institution (DFI) and other Financial Institutions and indicate you want to apply for a DBN Loan. 2. The Bank appraises the business and loan purpose, and if its assessment is favourable, the Bank applies to DBN for funding.
Thank you for your interest in joining the African Development Bank.