Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies.
About the Division
Deloitte ESG Reporting and Assurance is a growing team of professionals that wants to make an impact to our clients and broader society by walking alongside them in navigating the complex reporting landscape and providing credibility to the ESG information they place within the public domain. Whilst the forming team will result in diverse group with a wide and varied range of proficiencies, our values and purpose remain the same.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivaled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Supports Engagement team in the delivery of ESG reporting and assurance services to/at client premises on delegated engagement/project.
- Under guidance, supports the delivery efforts of the engagement team in relation to the allocated subject matter, through
- Attending in site visits to gather evidence
- Engaging with the client to obtain an understanding of the process and activities
- Performing testing procedures (inspection, observation, reperformance, recalculation) on the subject matter reported, including data analytics
- Reporting of issues identified in written format together with recommendations
- Contributes to decisions by the engagement team in terms of approach by providing fact-based and pertinent recommendations from research/analysis / client interaction
- Communicates regularly with senior team members and manager on the status of allocated deliverables
- Responds with urgency and accountability to client and team requests
- Assists in the preparation of client presentations /discussion documentation as directed
- Identifies possible opportunities for follow-on work and advises manager/partner
- Bcom – Accounting/ Finance/Economics
- B.Eng – Chemical engineering
- Bsc Environmental Science
- Relevant Degree in Social Sciences, Sciences, Geography, Geology
Postgraduate qualification on the above will be an advantage
- Max 2 years of working experience
- Proficient in MS Office suite – specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Broader understanding and interest in ESG and sustainability
- Strong attention to details and accuracy
- Proficient verbal and written skills
- Technical knowledge in specific areas of ESG and sustainability – desired
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrates initiative and desire to develop self
- Client delivery focus
- Focus on quality
- Problem solving ability
- Analytical thinking
- Able to work independently and efficiently within a team environment.
- Must be able to multi-task, adapt well to changing priorities, and effectively prioritise workflow to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding, and changing environment: must work well under pressure·
- Basic report writing skills
- Willingness and ability to travel