An email marketing specialist is a type of digital marketer who specifically works on email campaigns. Email marketing specialists write emails, manage email contact lists, optimize email sign-ups and gather insight on their target audience.
Email Marketing Specialist Responsibilities:
- Conducting market research to better comprehend prevailing consumer behaviors.
- Reviewing our former campaigns to ascertain areas of strength and weakness, which could inform subsequent outputs.
- Conceptualizing marketing campaigns that speak directly to the pain points of existing and prospective clientele.
- Creating well-written copy that is free from mistakes.
- Collaborating with graphic designers to improve the appearance layout of outputs.
- Maintaining a database of customers who have opted to receive our correspondence.
- Distributing emails through the use of automation software.
- Monitoring and reporting on the utility of each campaign.
Email Marketing Specialist Requirements:
- Degree in marketing management, advertising, communications, or similar.
- Proven experience creating high-impact, unique marketing campaigns.
- Prior database management experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Familiarity with pertinent automation and performance evaluation software.
- Excellent project management skills are specific to marketing.
- Outstanding copywriting and copyediting abilities.
- Ability to harness collaboration to produce well-crafted content.
- Drive, ingenuity, and gumption.
- Willingness to work extended hours to ensure that projects are completed, as needed.
Is Email Marketing A Good Career?
There are thousands of companies looking to hire qualified, engaging, and energetic people ready to take on the task of marketing for them through email. Statistics show this field continues to grow, despite all the hype of social media, and more and more companies are looking for good marketers to join their teams.
How do I become an expert in email marketing?
- Know how to write an attention-grabbing subject line.
- Perfect your copywriting.
- Gain an eye for design.
- Master how to build an email list.
- Understand email marketing analytics.
How much does an email marketer make?
The salaries of Email Marketing Specialists in the US range from $29,050 to $120,460 , with a median salary of $62,150 . The middle 57% of Email Marketing Specialists makes between $62,150 and $81,490, with the top 86% making $120,460.
What skills are required for email marketing?
Along with these, here are five essential skills an email marketing manager should possess:
- Technical Skills. An email marketer must know how to work with various email marketing applications.
- Improving Deliverability.
- Understanding Segmentation and Personalization.
- Knowledge of Compliances.
- Analytical Mindset.
Do you need a degree in email marketing?
While it is possible to become an email marketing specialist with only a high school diploma, most positions ask for a bachelor’s degree in a major that relates to digital media. Common majors for marketing specialists are communications, business, advertising, or marketing.
Email Marketing Specialist Job Description
Email marketing specialists manage initiatives that are designed to spread knowledge about particular offerings by companies. Email marketing specialists may work in virtually all sectors of the economy, including the food, beverage, and clothing industries.
To be successful as an email marketing specialist, you should demonstrate the ability to create accessible, engaging, and memorable texts. Ultimately, an outstanding email marketing specialist will remain abreast of technological developments that facilitate the dissemination and monitoring of campaign features.