Are you looking to pursue your studies at a tertiary institution but you’re struggling to find the funding to do so? Well a student loan from Capitec may help, keep reading to find out more.
Capitec bank is offering students a student loan to the value of R250 000 for up to 4 years of their tertiary studies. Students can get a discounted interest rate and an extended term to suit their education needs. Once you have been approved for the loan, Capitec will pay it directly to the tertiary institution you are registered at.
Students do not have to worry about paying back the loan amount while they are studying as Capitec will only require them to start paying it once they have finished studying.
A maximum of R250 000 can be taken out on the loan, and it is offered with a discounted interest rate and operates over an extended term. However, one key difference between this student loan and other bank provided student loans is that the Capitec credit scheme can only be taken out for partnered institutions.
Other requirements that the loan applicant must also adhere to are as follows:
- Provide a fee invoice from the partner school of the applicant’s choosing
- Produce a valid South African ID
- Applicant must be 18 years or older
- Proof of last three months’ bank statements
- Proof of last three salary deposits
- Must be studying at one of the following partner schools-
–African Film Drama Art (AFDA)
–University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB)
–Johannesburg Business School
–Henley Business School
Other supporting documents may be requested by the bank during the application process.
These higher education institutions are fully accredited and registered with the Department of Higher Education and Training, they offer a wide range of courses at certificate, diploma and degree levels.
So how do you apply for a Capitec student loan?
Students do not have to visit a Capitec branch to apply for the loan, they can simply apply online directly from the website of a college linked to the Capitec student loan scheme.
Applicants only need to complete 4 easy steps online to see if they qualify, and if they do then one of the Capitec consultants will contact the applicant within 48 hours to complete their application.
The following documents are needed when you apply:
- A standard invoice or quote from the partner, not older than 30 days
- A valid South African ID document/smart ID card (must be 18 years or older)
- Your latest 3 consecutive salary slips
- Bank statement showing your latest 3 consecutive salary deposits (only if the salary is not paid into your Capitec account)
- No proof of residential address is needed; but you may be asked to provide supporting documents to complete the application