How to Set Up Business Verification in Facebook Business Manager: We’re seeing a huge surge in Facebook ad accounts getting shut down at the moment. One potential solution that seems to be helping some advertisers: Business Verification in Facebook Business Manager.
There could be many factors contributing to the shutdown of Facebook ad accounts. Maybe you’ve actually violated advertising policies. If that’s the case, it’s something that you need to sort out with Facebook.
But maybe you’ve done nothing wrong and your account is getting flagged incorrectly. That’s actually quite possible at the moment, given what we’re seeing. It could be related to election season and greater scrutiny, particularly if the content in your ad is at all related to politics or social issues.
It may be related to the fact that Facebook is short-staffed during the pandemic and relies heavily on automated processes. This can result in a frustrating feedback loop.
We have heard, though, that Facebook reps in these situations are often asking advertisers to get their businesses verified. We’ve even seen some cases where advertisers had their businesses verified without prompting, and their ad accounts were later reactivated.
That doesn’t mean that business verification is the magic bullet. While it may not lead to the results you want, it makes sense that Facebook would look more favorably on verified businesses than on unverified businesses.
- 1 What is Business Verification?
- 2 How to Set Up Business Verification in Facebook Business Manager
- 3 3. Select Your Business.
- 4 Provide Accurate Information
- 5 Why Does Verification Matter?
- 6 Page Verification
- 7 Verify Your Business in Business Settings
- 8 About Business Verification
- 9 Products That Require Business Verification
- 10 How do I get verified by Facebook?
- 11 How do I request Facebook Verification 2022?
- 12 How do I verify my Facebook account with the code?
- 13 How Can I Verify My Facebook Account Without A Phone?
- 14 How Many Followers Do I Need To Get Verified On FB?
- 15 Why can my identity not be verified?
- 16 How do I get paid on Facebook?
- 17 How can I verify someone’s identity online?
- 18 How can I verify my identity without a photo ID?
What is Business Verification?
Business Verification allows you to verify that a Facebook Business Manager account is owned by a specific business.
In order to verify your business, be prepared to provide the following information:
- Proof of identity (government and non-government IDs)
- Legal details of your business (business name, address, contact info)
- Proof of access to the business (receive a phone call/text or email; domain verification)
Now, let’s walk through the steps of verifying your business.
How to Set Up Business Verification in Facebook Business Manager
First, go to your Business Manager and click on Security Center.
Click the button to “Start Verification.”
You’ll have a four or five-step verification process that should look like this…
1. Confirm Your Identity.
Not everyone will have this step. It’s most likely to appear if you need to appeal a decision to ban your account.
You’ll need to upload a photo ID or two forms of non-photo identification. You won’t be able to move to the next step until Facebook has reviewed this submission.
2. Enter Business Details.
This includes the legal business name, address, phone number, and website.
3. Select Your Business.
Facebook will generate a list of legal businesses that match your submission. Select the correct business from the list.
If your business does not appear, you’ll need to upload official documents. If approved, you won’t need to proceed with the following steps.
4. Confirm Your Business Details and Get a Verification Code.
Select a phone number that you have access to, and click “Next.” Choose to receive a verification code via text, call, or email (a call may not be available in all countries). Then check your phone or email to complete the verification.
5. Verify Your Domain.
You can also verify your domain instead of going through Step 4. This requires you to add some code to your official business website. Verifying your domain is a good idea generally, even if you don’t for the purposes of business verification.
Provide Accurate Information
If you’re inclined to provide inaccurate information in the verification process for any reason, think twice. From Facebook:
Note: that if you provide false or misleading information during your verification process, attempt to claim and verify a business you aren’t authorized to represent or otherwise attempt to circumvent our verification review systems, Facebook will remove your business’s verification status and may take additional action on the account.
If it’s not clear to you yet, unethical behavior will catch up to you. You may be rewarded for a short period of time. But the minute you are flagged by Facebook, you are going to struggle. You may never get your account back.
Why Does Verification Matter?
If you connect your business to an account, it makes it easier for Facebook to assign responsibility. It makes it much more difficult to try to evade Facebook and circumvent rules.
Understand the issues Facebook deals with related to fraud and bad actors. If they are unable to assign responsibility, it’s easy for a business to simply set up new pages, profiles, and ad accounts. If Facebook flags a business, you’ll need to verify a new business.
Ultimately, Facebook should look more favorably on any verified business. But it also means that you need to be ultra-careful if you aren’t already. You need to follow the rules.
Know that business verification is not the same thing as blue badge page verification. Verifying your business won’t result in a visible badge.
If you’re looking for information about verifying your page, go here.
Verify Your Business in Business Settings
You can start the business verification process in Business settings by going to Security Center. In Security Center, you can see your business verification status. You may also be required to start business verification in the app dashboard if your app is required to go through App Review.
Note: Not every business needs to go through business verification. You’ll only need to verify your business if you want to access certain Meta technologies or developer features. Learn more about when you need to complete business verification.
Before you begin
Note the following:
- You won’t be able to click Start verification in Security Center unless your business needs to be verified.
- You’ll need to be an admin of the Meta Business Manager account to verify your business.
- If you’re an advertiser based in China, you may be asked to complete bank account verification. Learn more about how to verify your business with your business bank account.
- If you use a monthly invoice to pay for ads, you don’t need to submit documentation for business verification. When you start the business verification process, you can fill out the form with your credit line information and submit it. If you don’t see that option, make sure that the Business Manager you’re trying to verify is linked to a credit line that you own, not one that is shared with another business.
To start the verification process:
- Go to security Center in Business Manager.
- Click Start verification.
- Enter your business details and click The business information you provide during the business verification process will become publicly visible if your Page has a large US audience or runs ads about social issues, elections or politics in the US.
- Select the correct business from the list, or select None of these match if you don’t see your business on the list.
- Confirm your business details.
- Choose to get a verification code on your business phone number via a text message or phone, or via email.
- Note that the phone number option may not be available in all countries.
- If you don’t get the verification code, you can request to receive another code. If you’re still having problems getting your verification code, learn more about how to troubleshoot phone call issues.
- (Optional) If your domain is already verified, you can click Verify us…at step 5. If not, complete the domain verification process. Then return to the Security Center and click Learn when to use domain verification to verify your business.
- Enter your verification code (not applicable if you use domain verification).
If you receive confirmation that your business is verified, there’s nothing more you need to do. You’ll receive a notification when the review is complete. You can also check your status in Security Center.
Once you’ve completed business verification, you can return to Security Center to edit your details at any time. However, any changes will require you to complete the business verification process again.
If we’re unable to verify your business, we may ask you to submit your ID before we attempt to verify again. Learn more about when to submit your ID for business verification and what types of IDs Meta accepts. If we weren’t able to verify your business in your initial submission, we may ask you to upload additional documentation, such as a certificate of incorporation or a business license to prove that your business is registered. See what types of official documents you can upload to verify your business.
Note: that if you provide false or misleading information during your verification process, attempt to claim and verify a business you aren’t authorized to represent, or otherwise attempt to circumvent our verification review systems, Meta may prevent your business from being verified, removes your business’s verification status or take additional action on the account. verification
About Business Verification
To access certain products, Meta may ask you to verify your business. This process helps us confirm that your account belongs to a legitimate business or organization.
Business verification helps ensure that:
- Your business is a legal entity. You’ll need to have your business registered with the local authorities, and you’ll need an official phone number or mailing address for your business.
- You’re an authorized representative of your business. You’ll need to be able to receive a verification code sent to the phone number or email address of your business, or use thedomain verification process.
Products That Require Business Verification
Not all businesses need to go through business verification. You’ll only need to verify your business if you want to access certain Meta technologies or developer features. If you see a Start verification button in Security Center in Business settings, you’re eligible to complete business verification. If you don’t or if it’s not clickable, you’re not required to complete business verification.
The following products and services require business verification:
- Eligible developer features
- Meta Business Partners (MBPs)
- Instant Games
- News Page index
- WhatsApp Business API
- Page transparency
- Agencies based in China
Keep in mind:
- Business verification is different from the verified badge, personal identity confirmation and the verified badge on Instagram. You won’t receive a verified badge for business verification.
- If you provide false or misleading information during your verification process, attempt to claim and verify a business you aren’t authorized to represent, or otherwise attempt to circumvent our verification review systems, Meta may prevent your business from being verified, remove your business’s verification status or take additional action on the account.
To verify your business, you can follow these steps in Business settings.
How do I get verified by Facebook?
Request a verified badge on Facebook
- Authentic: Represent a real person, registered business or entity.
- Unique: Be the only presence of this person or business. …
- Complete: Have an about section, Page or profile photo, and recent activity, including at least one post.
How do I request Facebook Verification 2022?
To request a verified badge:
- Make sure you’re logged in to the account you’re requesting a verified badge for.
- Go to your profile and tap.
- Tap Settings > Account > Request Verification.
- Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (for example: a government-issued photo ID).
How do I verify my Facebook account with the code?
You can use a six digit text message (SMS) code sent to your mobile phone. By tapping your security key on a compatible device. With a security code from a third party app you’ve associated with your Facebook account. You can approve your login attempt from a device we already recognize.
How can I get back my Facebook account if I am being asked to confirm my identity?
To get back into your account if you’re being asked to do a security check: Log into Facebook and follow the instructions to confirm your identity. If you can’t remember your Facebook password, you can request a new password.
How Can I Verify My Facebook Account Without A Phone?
Here’s what you should do:
- Access DoNotPay from any web browser.
- Choose Facebook as the company you need a number for.
- Click Create a Temporary Number.
- Use the number we generated to create an account.
- Type the confirmation code that DoNotPay displays.
How Many Followers Do I Need To Get Verified On FB?
You should aim for around 500 followers before submitting a verification request on Facebook. Some users have had luck converting their personal Facebook profile into a brand profile and asking friends to like the brand profile.
Why can my identity not be verified?
You may have answered security questions incorrectly. Your credit report may be locked or frozen. Your credit profile may contain erroneous information. You may have already verified your identity with ID.me.
How do I get paid on Facebook?
6 Ways to make money on Facebook
- Create videos with in-stream ads.
- Add a paid subscription to your page.
- Collaborate with brands.
- Earn money directly from your fans.
- Run paid events online.
- Drive visitors to your online store.
How do I get my identity verified?
Requirements for identity verification
- Your State-Issued ID.
- A phone or computer with a camera to take a photo of yourself (This feature is not currently enabled or required.)
- Social Security Number.
- A phone number on a phone plan that is in your name.
How can I verify someone’s identity online?
5 Ways to Verify Identity Online
- Two-Factor Authentication. This is a fairly standard method of identity verification, also sometimes referred to as 2FA or multi-factor authentication (MFA).
- Knowledge Authentication.
- Credit Bureau Authentication.
- Database Authentication.
- Zero-Knowledge Proof.
How can I verify my identity without a photo ID?
If you have no photo ID, a copy of your original Birth Certificate or National Insurance Card will be accepted provided it is accompanied by a passport-sized photo that is countersigned on the back by someone who can confirm your identity.
If you’re having issues with your account, has Facebook asked you to verify your business?
Let Me Know In The Comments Below!