Rand Refinery, established in 1920 is a single-site integrated refinery, smelter, and manufacturer of value-added products of precious metals and technical assurance. We pride ourselves on our rich heritage which is rooted in integrity, honesty and excellence, backed by more than a century in gold refining.
We are an LBMA good delivery accredited refinery and one of five LBMA referees in the world. Our products are accredited on various commodity exchanges and we have refined 99% (100 000 kg) of South Africa’s mined gold. We have refined over 130 000 kg – 150 000 kg of mined gold from the rest of Africa.
Our presence, accreditation and reputation allow South Africa to participate and monetise gold including:
- Local presence of bullion banks & local bank liquidity
- Potential to work with gold-producing countries
- Valuable cargo transporters
- Vaulting & storage
What you can expect
- Working for Africa’s largest Refiner, Smelter and Fabricator of precious metals.
- The best practical learning environment is guided by a structured development plan.
- On-the-job training as part of a committed customer-focused team.
- Regular feedback from Mentors.
- Work Readiness training and development.
- Engineers in Training (EIT) Programme: duration 24 months
- Commercial Graduate Development Programme: duration 18 months
The Rand Refinery Graduate Development Programme is designed based on the 70:20:10 Model of Learning and Development which focuses on three types of learning: Hands-on work and experience-based (70%), asking questions and interacting with fellow colleagues (20%) and formal classroom training (10%)
EIT Job Fields/Qualification
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Chemical/Metallurgical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
Commercial Graduates Qualifications
- Supply Chain
- Management Accounting /Cost Accounting
- Business Continuity Management
- Law / Compliance
- IT Software or System Development
- Human Resources
- Office Administration
- SA Citizen by birth/naturalisation
- 18 years or older
- Completed Qualification in relevant field at a registered institution
- Hold an undergraduate degree
- Postgraduate would be advantageous
- Must have obtained 70% aggregate
For more information, please contact:
Matshediso Zitha and Lucky Zondo
Please note: Applications must be accompanied by a 2-page CV, certified copies of your qualifications and a full academic record/transcript