SAB are owners, empowered to lead real change, deliver on tough challenges, and take accountability for the results. They are looking for talent that shares these values, that is ambitious, bold & resilient. They want talent that is looking for fast career growth, cross-functional experiences, global exposure and robust training & development.
You will be working with their best leaders and receive ongoing coaching and mentoring! The programme is designed to provide Agricultural graduates with an intensive focused training program, where they will gain insight into every aspect of agricultural development within the South African Breweries environment.
The programme will include practical exposure to the following:
- Basic understanding of the malting and brewing process
- Operation of farm equipment
- Safety in the workplace
- Introduction to barley breeding and barley seed chain
- Research and development methodology and practical execution of field trials
- Input cost budgets and tracking. Marketing environment and marketing of barley
- Production practices of raw materials for use in brewing (Barley, maize, sorghum and cassava)
- BASOS (Fertilizer recommendations)
- AVCASA (Chemical recommendations)
- Grading courses (Barley and maize)
- Completed qualification or final year graduate (BTech in Agriculture or BAgric or BSc Agric or BSc Agric Hon or MSc Agric)
- Must major in Agronomy/Plant production/Crop Production and Soil Science
- No more than 3 years formal work experience post achieving your qualification(Internship, vacation work, short duration contracts and part-time work experiences is not applicable)
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and ability to quickly adapt to new systems
- A valid drivers’ licence would be an advantage
- Willing to relocate to Kimberley for a 12 month period commencing January 2023.
- No health risk or allergy to dust and excessive pollen
- Company support will be provided on discretion where relocation is required
In accordance with South African Breweries Pty (ltd) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is safe for our employees and their families, our customers and visitors, and the community at large from infectious diseases that may be reduced by vaccinations, we require all new appointments to be vaccinated as a condition of employment at our company.